Jordan, officially the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, is located in the Middle East. Spanning the southern part of the Syrian Desert down to the Gulf of Aqaba, it shares borders with Syria to the north, Iraq to the north-east, the Palestine to the west, and Saudi Arabia to the east and south. The capital city of Jordan is Amman situated in the north-west of the Kingdom.
More Facts about Jordan :
- Capital: Amman
- Official Language: Arabic, Second English.
- Government: Constitutional Monarchy.
- King: HM King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein.
- Total Area: 92,300 km2; 35,637 m².
- Population: 6,316,000 (2009 estimate).
- Per capita: $5,661.
- Currency: Jordanian Dinar (JOD) = (1.4 $).